This week's question- Shakespeare asked what's in a name? But we all know better. So let's talk about names, specifically our blog's name. How did you come up with yours?
My blog name is Bat Country. I am an unabashed Hunter S. Thompson fan. He cracks me up like no other. Bat country is from the savagely insane and amazing Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. The exact quote I am taking it from is "What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country." And that is life, only a fool would stop here in a convertible in the middle of bat country. We must press on because strange and glorious shenanigans await us.
I leave you with my top five Fear and Loathing quotes (I'll try to keep it clean):
1. There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
2. There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.
3. Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.
4. You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.
5. [after pulling his car up onto the sidewalk] Is this not a reasonable place to park?
1) Follow this blog.
2) Follow Elizabeth Sharp, the originator of this hop
3) Follow the featured author of the week.
4) Go to Sharp words and copy the image code found there and paste it in your blog. Add your name to the link at the bottom of the post while you are there.
5) Copy and paste the rules in your blog, as well as this week’s question.
6) Answer the question
7) Follow, follow, follow. This is about networking, people, making connections with people in your community. So talk to us. We don't bite!
8) If someone stops by, says hi and follows you, the polite thing to do is follow back.
9) Comment here and introduce yourself and you just might find a new follower or two.
Next click this link bar to add yourself to the list.
30 Day Song Challenge Day 09- A song you can dance to- Are You Gonna Be My Girl- Jet