Since I had a grumpy post last week, I figure I owe you guys a positive post. *big smile*
Top five things I love about being a writer-
1. I can be anything I want to be. I always had a lot of interests in several different professions growing up. As a writer I can research the professions, speak with the people in the profession, and become that in my mind for a couple weeks as I create and build a character. It is no coincidence my very first character I ever wrote was an author. When I started writing that is what I wanted to be the very most and now each and every day I am feeling more and more comfortable in this new role.
2. It is perfectly normal for me to sit quietly and think about ways to hurt, maim, or kill people. It's all part of the job. Muh-hahahahaha :-)
3. The community. Until very recently I felt very alone in all of this. I didn't really know what I wanted to do. I had books, but wasn't sure if I wanted to try to get an agent, submit to publishing companies, or what. But I was pretty certain I didn't want to self-publish. Hahaha then around December everything changed. Now I am well on the road to self-publishing, I have the most amazing and supportive writer's group and slowly but surely everything is coming together.
4. The opportunity to do something I love. Don't get me wrong I like my day job, but I love to write. So to get to do this on a larger (people could actually read it) scale is really exciting. I have no intentions of leaving my day job, but this is definitely an adventure into something I am passionate about.
5. Everyday is different. A couple months ago I was researching witches and writing spells, last night I was terrorizing a minister, and who knows what goodies tonight will bring.
So those are my reasons I love being a writer, what are yours?
30 Day Song Challenge Day 13- A song that is a guilty pleasure. Total Eclipse of the Heart- Bonnie Tyler. Honestly every time I hear it I want to dramatically sing along like Cate Blanchett in Bandits.