Writer Follow Friday Blog Hop!
This week's featured author is Nicole Chase check her out!
Inspired by the spectacular melt down of Jacqueline Howett on Big Al’s Book Blog, how do you deal with a bad review?
I honestly haven't had any reviews yet (only critiques), but I imagine I will deal with it the same way I deal with anything I find unpleasant, ignore it until it goes away. Flying off the handle is ALWAYS a bad idea. Hell, we can't win them all and at least someone is talking about your book even if they don't like it so that alone should make you happy. Am I wrong? I think Ms. Howett would have done best not to say anything at all and just walk away. In my opinion the reviewer was doing her a favor by even reviewing her work.
I will let you know how I respond definitively after my first bad review. Eek!
How do you join in the fun? So glad you asked. It’s really quite simple.
Copy and paste these rules to your blog (they’re a little different than mine and designed to help your blog)
1) Follow this blog.
2) Follow Elizabeth Sharp, the originator of this hop
3) Follow the featured author of the week Nichole.
4) Go to Sharp words and copy the image code found there and paste it in your blog. Add your name to the link at the bottom of the post while you are there.
5) Copy and paste the rules in your blog, as well as this week’s question.
6) Answer the question
7) Follow, follow, follow. This is about networking, people, making connections with people in your community. So talk to us. We don't bite!
8) If someone stops by, says hi and follows you, the polite thing to do is follow back.
9) Comment here and introduce yourself and you just might find a new follower or two.
Join in the fun, I swear it's a good time!